Sign up for a Free 30 Day Trial of G Suite Business and get Free Admin support from Google Certified Deployment Specialists.
In honor of the Midsize Enterprise Summit West coming to Austin next week - We asked Apps Admins for some bars within walking distance of the host hotel, The JW Marriott. Austin loves its nightlife! Some of the best bars have music, some don’t. But they all have a special something that harkens back to Texas, because Texans love a dive bar, a dancehall and a party.
- Antone’s – is a classic bar where some of the best musicians around drop in after hours to play a set. Located on East 5th Street a few blocks off Congress, you can drop into your basic Texas lounge after hours and grab a Lone Star beer. No frills. Beer, well drinks, and great music.
- Firehouse Lounge – is a few blocks away on Brazos. Known for its unique and very hardcore cocktails – i.e. the Moscow Mule and a special collection featuring all bourbon – folks go there to get rowdy. There are not a lot of seats so customers are social and the DJ keeps spirits high. More than one person has compared the seedy atmosphere to a brothel: that is by design.
- HandleBar – is a popular rooftop spot just off Sixth Street. Playful atmosphere with nostalgic photo booths and an ongoing game of giant Jenga! Lots of beers, wines and cocktails. Regulars and visitors say they feel like kids all over again until the sun comes up.
- The Red Room Lounge – on Third Street off Congress harkens back to the days of the speakeasy. Serving only a deep wine list and a staff of trained wine steward to guide you. Quiet, a place to unwind and carry on a conversation if that is what you are feeling after a day of intense activity. There is a substantial beer collection as well.
- Stay Gold – for a more basic, high-end bar experience, walk east on Cesar Chavez Street from your hotel to this bar with booths, comfortable bar stools and candles on the tables. Live bands that accompany the evening without blowing the roof off. Just a nice place for adults to come together and decompress. And a food trailer out back in deference to a new trend among local bars who prefer not to operate a kitchen.
When you don’t feel like barhopping after a long day, knowing where to go can make it all better. These are among the best and you don’t have to go far.